COVID Safe Meetings
We are continuing to meet in person at St Peter's School, Wrecclesham. To keep everyone safe, things are a little different to pre-COVID times. Please read through the following information before coming along.
If you can’t come to church
Those who are vulnerable will need to exercise caution in line with government guidance. We will continue to broadcast our meeting on Zoom, as we have been doing through the lockdowns – please contact us for the meeting id. Our meetings will continue to include those who are at home.
Booking is no longer necessary.
If you have any of the following symptoms:
- High temperature
- A new continuous cough
- Loss of taste/smell
or in the last 14 days you have come back from any of the government listed countries that mean you need to self-isolate, we kindly ask that you do not come to church, and instead invite you to join us online.
Doors will open at 10:00. Please bring your own face covering (we will have a few spares) and wear it at all times while moving around the building or singing (face masks can be removed when seated).
We will direct you to information about COVID-19 symptoms and ask you to use hand sanitiser as you enter the building. We will have set out seats to maintain 2 meter social distancing, so please don’t move them!
We expect to seat everyone by 10:15. As with all other times, if you are waiting in a queue, please make sure you are keeping a 2 meter social distance.
Things to be aware of while you are with us
There are a few rules to keep everyone safe:
- Please follow the one-way system into the church, where our team will show you to your seat. Households and support bubbles will be able to sit together but there will be a 2 meter social distancing space between each individual/group
- Those attending the main meeting can only use one toilet – the stewards will tell you where it is when you arrive. There is one other toilet for use by children in our Grace Tots and Grace Kids youth groups. If possible, please use your facilities at home so we can minimise use of the toilet. Children under 11 should be accompanied by a parent or guardian to the toilet.
- Please remember to bring your own Bible as we will be unable to provide one at the moment
- Singing is now permitted but face masks must be worn.
- Children are welcome to join the service but will need to stay seated with their family (except if leaving the service for Grace Tots) – this is for the safety of your family as well as for others. You are welcome to bring some activities that children can do quietly during the service – please bring your own stationery
- Please take any rubbish home with you
- If you start to show COVID-19 symptoms during the service, please tell a steward
- If you start to show symptoms after a service, please let us know as soon as possible, by either emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 01252 726830 so we can, in confidence, track if there has been any risk of transmission.
Leaving the building
We’ll ask you to leave promptly once the service finishes. A steward will show you out of the church by an approved exit route. Please be sure to follow the signs and one way system at all times. We encourage social contact between household bubbles to happen outside the building (there is plenty of space in the playground).
Arrangements for Youth Groups
Parents are encouraged to social distance while dropping off children for youth groups and limit the number of settings their child attends, particularly if they are from a different locality . Lift sharing with children from different groups should be avoided and children should not to use public transport if at all possible.
Young people need to arrive at 9.10am. If they are dropped off, parents will need to go away and come back unless they’re involved in stewarding or other setup roles.
Grace Kids and Tots
Kids and Tots will join the service with their families for the first part of the service. They will then leave for their groups during a song. Please bring a drink for your child. At the end of the service, parents will leave the building and pick up their children from the fire exit near the school car park.
There will be a creche area available during the service. As you leave the meeting hall, turn left down the corridor and use the space at the bottom of the steps. You’ll need to use your own toys.