We are beginning to meet again at St Peter's School, Wrecclesham. To keep everyone safe, things will be a little different. Please read through the following information before coming along.
If you can’t come to church
Those who are vulnerable will need to exercise caution in line with government guidance. We will continue to broadcast our meeting as we have been doing through lockdown – please see our Livestream page. Our meetings will continue to include those who are at home.
The government needs us to record some contact details for everyone who comes along. Please let us know that you are coming, and your contact details by using our weekly booking system. You will find this on:
- the Coming Up events section of this website
- our Facebook page
- through your weekly Grace Church emails
The booking system allows us to lay out the room before you arrive so that things run as smoothly as possible. Please complete your booking by 9 pm the previous evening.
If for some reason you haven’t been able to book, please come anyway and we will take your contact details when you arrive. Please be aware that if the building has already reached its maximum number of users (we have plenty of space so this is unlikely!), we won’t be able to allow any more people in for safety reasons.
If you have any of the following symptoms:
- High temperature
- A new continuous cough
- Loss of taste/smell
or in the last 14 days you have come back from any of the government listed countries that mean you need to self-isolate, we kindly ask that you do not come to church, and instead invite you to join us online.
Doors will open at 10:00. Please bring your own face covering (we will have a few spares) and wear it at all times while in the building.
We will direct you to information about COVID-19 symptoms and ask you to use hand sanitiser as you enter the building. We will make sure that we have your contact details, and show you to your seat. We will have set out seats to maintain 2 meter social distancing, so please don’t move them!
We expect to seat everyone by 10:15. As with all other times, if you are waiting in a queue, please make sure you are keeping a 2 meter social distance.
We will take a photograph of the room at the start of each meeting to note where people are seated; this would assist NHS Test and Trace in the event of COVID-19 case and will not be used for any other purpose. We will destroy this after 21 days.
Things to be aware of while you are with us
There are a few rules to keep everyone safe:
- Please follow the one-way system into the church, where our team will show you to your seat. Households and support bubbles will be able to sit together but there will be a 2 meter social distancing space between each individual/group
- We can only use one toilet – the stewards will tell you where it is when you arrive. If possible, please use your facilities at home so we can minimise use of the toilet. Children under 11 should be accompanied by a parent or guardian to the toilet
- Please remember to bring your own Bible as we will be unable to provide one at the moment
- Sadly the government has banned singing in public worship, so we will not be singing out loud when we come together. We appreciate that until this changes it will be disappointing for many of us, however, we are thinking of other creative ways to praise God together, and encourage you to arrive expectant of what God will show us, as we meet to worship Him
- Children are welcome to join the service but will need to stay seated with their family at all times – this is for the safety of your family as well as for others. You are welcome to bring some activities that children can do quietly during the service – please bring your own stationery
- Please take any rubbish home with you
- If you start to show COVID-19 symptoms during the service, please tell a steward
- If you start to show symptoms after a service, please let us know as soon as possible, by either emailing email@example.com or phoning 01252 726830 so we can, in confidence, track if there has been any risk of transmission.
Leaving the building
The service will last about 45 minutes. We’ll ask you to leave promptly once it finishes. A steward will show you out of the church by an approved exit route. Please be sure to follow the signs and one way system at all times. We would like to kindly ask that you don’t wait around in the school grounds after the service to chat.